A Healing Arts Practitioner, NC Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist, Certified Yoga Instructor, NC Licensed Esthetician (skin care), Reiki Practitioner
Donna Fulcher is the owner of “Power of Massage and Yoga Studio” a healing space for Multiracial / Multicultural WOMEN and the LGBTQ+ community. “Power of Massage” is located near Duke University East Campus on Broad Street, Durham, NC. Donna graduated from the Therapeutic Massage Program at Wake Technical Community College in Raleigh, North Carolina. She has been helping clients experience deeper health and healing for over 14 years.
SPECIALIZED MASSAGE MODALITIES:
- Therapeutic & Integrative Massage: (Swedish, Myofascial Release Technique, Trigger Point Therapy, Deep Tissue)
- Cranial Sacral Therapy I & II Trainings with The Upledger Institute
- Sports Massage
- Thai Massage and Asian Foot Reflexology
- GuaSha – A traditional ancient Chinese healing technique that dates back over two thousand years. Gua means to scrape or rub. Sha is a “reddish, elevated, millet-like skin rash’. This technique is used to promote “qi” or bioelectric vital life energy and blood circulation as well as the removal of toxic heat, stagnant blood and lymph fluid from the body. The method of applying Gua Sha involves the layering of Gua Sha oil on the skin. The skin is then scraped in the area of discomfort. This action helps to remove toxic debris, and replacing it with fresh oxygenated, nutrient rich fluid, which in turn accelerates regeneration and revitalization of the region.
Donna is the Instructor and Facilitator for a workshop entitled “The Art of Massage for couples and families.”
She is a Certified YogaFit Hatha Yoga teacher, and has taught Hatha Yoga and Gentle Yoga in Durham NC and Hillsborough NC at:
- Patanjali’s Place: A community yoga space
- Durham Senior Center for Life
- Downtown Durham YMCA
- The Hillsborough Senior Center
- Community Summer Camp (3rd, 4th and 5th Graders)
Donna’s student demographics range from general adult populations, seniors, and elementary school. She is the founder of the “Yoga, Body and Soul” event Featuring and Introducing African American Yoga Teachers from around the Research Triangle, NC area in 2011 and 2015. She is currently completing the 200 Hour Yoga Teachers Training at Kashi Atlanta Urban Ashram.
“The healing arts and massage therapy are my life’s work, my divinely sent gifts, talents and passion. My first experiences began with my mother in the 1970’s when I was living in NYC. Then, my mother taught my younger sister and I to catch the train from the Bronx to Manhattan where we would travel to study yoga and wellness. A seed was planted! Unknowingly, my mother planted another seed, when she began to suffer from migraines. I would ask my mother if rubbing her neck and shoulders would help. She would say “yes”, adding, “you are the best little massager ever!” From there, my divine purpose was etched into my soul.”
HEALTH INSURANCE INFORMATION:
If you have a flexible spending account through your employer, it may be used to pay for Massage treatments with pre-tax dollar.
Lane Professional Building
1200 Broad Street, Suite 203
Durham, NC, 27705