Power of Massage specializes in restorative and integrative therapeutic massage. Our goal is to provide you with a unique massage experience that will restore your health and strengthen your body, mind and soul. Let us create a unique massage experience for you designed to:
- increase flexibility and range of movement;
- eliminate muscle pain and muscle spasms;
- improve postural alignment;
- calm the nervous system and promotes a deep sense of relaxation;
- increase energy level;
- stimulate blood circulation and lymph drainage; and,
- allow for a significant release of deep and emotional distress
- SWEDISH: Designed to relieve muscle tension, reduce stress, increase circulation and improve skin and muscle tone, soothing to the nerves system, Swedish massage strokes are generally long and gliding can be light to medium pressure. This is a very relaxing technique.
- NEUROMUSCULAR/ DEEP TISSUE & TRIGGER POINT THERAPY: Deep Tissue is area-specific, focusing on the deeper layers of muscle tissue. This massage is both corrective and therapeutic in breaking down the knots and aiding in recovery. Chronic patterns of tension are released through slow strokes and heavier pressure. Recommended for seasoned massage clients and or sports enthusiasts who require a more intense pressure.
- CRANIOSACRAL I & II: A gentle, hands-on approach meant to manipulate soft tissues throughout the body and addresses any patterns that prevent the natural movement through the spinal column.
- THAI: Both deeply relaxing and energizing, Thai massage uses passive stretching and gentle pressure along the body’s energy lines to increase flexibility, relieve muscle and joint tension and balance the body. Thai massage is done while the client is wearing comfortable clothes on a table.
- REIKI: Reiki is popular a form of energy therapy that involves the transfer of energy by laying on hands. Reiki can treat many conditions and emotional states and is known to reduce pain.
- AROMATHERAPY (always used unless otherwise requested not to): Developed over thousands of years ago, Aromatherapy is the ancient art of using botanical essential oils for the healing and balancing of body, mind and spirit. Aromatherapy massage combines the physical and emotional effects of the essential oils with the addition of touch. This combination ensures an important step to vibrant health of your body, mind and spirit.
- PREGNANCY (available upon request): A massage uniquely designed for the mother-to-be. Reduces aches and pains from your changing body and for the baby too. You must be in your second trimester per North Carolina Board of Massage and Bodywork.